May is the pilgrimage season in Antipolo. It's a month-long celebration that begins with a mass and followed by a procession known as the First Procession (happened on May 2). The procession started around 7 am in the morning where thousands of devotees from different parts of the country, not just Antipoleños, partake in. Further,… Continue reading Via Dolorosa: A famous pilgrimage site in Antipolo
May 14 is Mother’s Day!
Code you can use when shopping for gifts for your moms: LZDSUMMER
I’m immensely grateful for the precious gift my mother has given me. She is my hero today and every day. ~Steven Cojocaru
It’s Mother’s Day once again. But have you ever wondered how Mother’s Day came about? Well, below are some fun and interesting things to know about Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day facts
1) Mother’s Day originated in the United States in the early 1900s. It was first celebrated in 1908 on second Sunday of May.
2) The Mother’s Day we know today is attributed to the efforts of Anna Jarvis, who campaigned to have a day dedicated to all mothers.
3) Mother’s Day became a recognized holiday in the US in 1914.
4) In the US alone, more than 122 million phone calls are made during this day.
5) Carnation is the flower of Mother’s Day, as it was believed that it was made from Mother Mary’s tears as…
View original post 182 more words